Get Into the Rhythm at Sertoma’s
2020 National Convention!
Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation &
Conference Center in Kansas City, MO
Join us in Kansas City for our Annual Convention! This year marks a return to fun, recognition and learning for our signature event. We’re looking forward to seeing you and reconnecting with everyone. Come learn about what’s working in other clubs, some cool new ideas, and most importantly, connecting with Sertomans from all over the country!
This year’s host hotel will be the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza. Please make room reservations online HERE using the room-block code of SER to ensure you receive our rate. Room-block rate closes March 31.
Click HERE for details.
- Register today – space is limited!
- No onsite registrations will be available
- Early registrations must be completed on or before March 31 ($250)
- Regular registration begins on April 1 ($300)
- Mail-in registrations must be received at Sertoma headquarters on or before April 17
SESSION TOPICS TO INCLUDE …
- Recharging your club’s members – Is your club stuck? Learn how to engage your best & brightest.
- New club building – A rising tide lifts all boats. Learn how to build new clubs in your area to invigorate your own.
- Club PR – Learn how to get your club noticed by local media!
- Club fundraising – The age-old question about how to raise charitable money has new answers! Learn how to find new donors and sponsors and raise more money for your cause.
- Club business – Is your club compliant? Don’t be nervous – we can help ensure you get up to speed and stay there!
- How clubs and headquarters work together – What do we do at Headquarters, anyway? Are you using us to help your club’s activities?
- Club newsletter best practices – Come watch Merritt show you how to make your newsletter (and other publications) sing!
- Club data – You have more data than you think! Learn how to capture your data, use it to find new members, and engage the ones you have!
- Foresight deep dive – You can be a soothsayer! Learn about foresight and how to use it to make decisions for your club!
- Creative community outreach – Our clubs are here to help support your communities—we’ve got creative ways to do just that!
- Governance – Aaron will show you that governance is not the boring process you think—we promise! Learn how to make your bylaws create opportunities.
- Sertoma programs – Do you think you’ve been there, done that with Sertoma programs? We’ve got a panel of experts who will show you you’re wrong.
- Hearing health – Learn about the latest advances in hearing health technology and what we do with HAP!
- 5:00–6:00 p.m. Reception sponsored by HCOA
- 6:00–8:00 p.m. Banquet
- Service to Mankind Award
- Presidential Lifetime Service Awards
- Sertoman of the Year Award
- Recognition of Boards
- 8:30–10:00 a.m. General session & keynote speaker
- 10:15–11:15 a.m. Phase I Sessions
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Lunch
- 12:45–1:45 p.m. Phase II Sessions
- 2:00–3:00 p.m. Phase III Sessions
- 8:30–9:30 a.m. Town hall meeting with John Kelly & Aaron Ensminger
- 9:45–10:45 a.m. Phase IV Sessions
- 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Phase V Sessions
- 12:15–1:45 p.m. Lunch
- 1:45–2:45 p.m. Phase VI Sessions
- 3:00–3:30 p.m. Closing Session
THURSDAY NIGHT MEAL TICKETS
- No additional tickets will be available onsite. Bringing a guest? Tickets are available to order online when you register.
- Online ticket purchases must be completed on or before April 17.