Celebrating the Sertoma Good in 2020
December 14, 2020
We all know that 2020 has been a challenging year for so many. It’s undeniable that many of us have had to pivot and find new ways to tackle old issues. And it is through that creativity and growth that we have been able to put together new programs, trainings and resources dedicated to better serving our clubs and our members.
As we look back at the year that was, we want to highlight many of the new and exciting offerings and benefits that came into existence in 2020:
- Held Sertoma’s First Virtual National and Regional Conventions
- Addition of the National and National Life Memberships
- Unveiling of Sertoma’s Member Savings Program
- Launch of our National Service Project to bring portable hearing loops to community hospitals and clinics
- Release of Sertoma’s 2020 COVID-19 Relief Grants
- Introduction of Real-Time Captioning on Zoom Meetings
- Recruitment v. Retention: Finding Your Membership Focus
- Ten Ways to Get Club Publicity
- Officer Training: President, Secretary & Treasurer
- Effective Board Meetings
- Giving in Challenging Times
New & Updated Club Resources
- 15 Reasons to Love Sertoma: A PR Toolkit for Club Marketing
- Updated Sertoma & You Marketing Brochure & Rack Card
- Article Template Library
- Club Rebuilding Manual
- Committee Resources on Functions & Duties, Core Leadership Groups & Additional Programs
We were also proud to build engagement in our members-only Facebook group, launch text-to-give donation services at our annual convention, and open the online Membership Directory to all members, among many other things.
We can’t wait to see what 2021 holds for Sertoma! If you are ready to become part of our continued growth and change, we hope you will make plans to join us at our National Convention April 23-24, 2021. We are also seeking candidates for next year’s class of National Board of Directors leadership.
From all of us here at Sertoma headquarters, we wish you very Happy Holidays and a wonderful New Year!