Change is Good!
September 12, 2019
As a new Mission Specialist, I’m thankful for this opportunity to highlight a few of my favorite upgrades to our Sertoma Annual Fund. When I first learned that there were changes to the Annual Fund donation levels my initial reaction was, ‘Oh no, more changes?’ I was pleasantly surprised, however, to learn that the changes included a few new affordable levels of monetary giving as well as recognition for giving on a larger level including hosting a CELEBRATE SOUND® event.
First, let me talk about the new Sustaining Member level. Think of a membership donation to your local non-profit TV or radio station during their annual pledge drive, without the annoying pledge breaks! The new Sustaining Member level is perfect for those who want to give on a monthly basis. While we can still budget our Fellow level and above donations into pledge payments, the Sustaining Member givers can set their own level of monthly giving starting with as little as $11 per month and will receive a Fellow pin plus some Sertoma swag as a ‘Thank You’ gift. How cool is that?
Next, the new Patron donor level. This is an annual gift of $250 which is in between the Fellow level and Benefactor level. This level is one that we’ve sorely been missing. For those who have wanted to give more than $125 as an annual Fellow donor but weren’t quite ready to commit to the $500 Benefactor level, this is an amazing opportunity.
And finally, our Mission Partner Recognition levels. Clubs hosting a CELEBRATE SOUND® event are now recognized with a medallion based on their earning levels. Our Sertoma volunteer members don’t do what they do for personal gain, but it always feels special to be recognized.
I love that Sertoma embraces our club’s individuality and also gives us a means to donate to our national mission of helping those affected by hearing loss through our Annual Fund programs at Club, Individual, Sustaining member and Mission Partner Recognition levels. It’s what makes our organization great and makes me proud to be a Sertoman!
Club Recognition levels
- Early Bird Club-$25 per member before December 1st (receive medallion)
- 100% Club-$25 per member after December 1st (receive medallion)
- 100% Fellow Club-$125 per member (receive medallion and each member receives a Fellow Pin)
- 100% Patron Club- $250 per member (receive medallion and members receives a Fellow Pin with a tab)
- Benefactor-$500 (receive medallion)
- Sponsor-$1000 (receive medallion)
Individual Recognition levels
- Freshman Fellow- $125 within the first year of membership (receive a Freshman Fellow pin and Fellow pin)
- Fellow-$125 (receive a Fellow pin)
- Patron-$250 (receive a Fellow pin and tab)
- Benefactor-$500 (receive a Fellow pin and tab)
- Sponsor-$1000 (receive a Fellow pin and tab)
- (All levels can be achieved into pledge payments)
Sustaining Member (Monthly Givers)
- Sustaining Fellow-Monthly gift between $11 and $20 (receive a Fellow pin and tote bag)
- Sustaining Patron-Monthly gift between $21 and $40 (receive a Fellow pin, tab, and tote bag)
- Sustaining Benefactor-Monthly gift between $41 and $84 (receive a Fellow pin, tab, and tote bag)
- Sustaining Sponsor-Monthly gift between $85 and above (receive a Fellow pin and tab and tote bag)
- (All would receive pins, tabs and gift near the beginning of each fiscal year)
Mission Partner Recognition Levels
Hosting a CELEBRATE SOUND earning:
- $5,000 to $9,999 Copper Level (receive medallion with level)
- $10,000 to $24,999 Bronze Level (receive medallion with level)
- $25,000 to $49,000 Silver Level (receive medallion with level)
- $50,000 to $99,000 Gold Level (receive medallion with level)
- $100,000 and above Platinum Level (receive medallion with level)