Setting Goals for Your Post-COVID Club
January 6, 2021
For many, the New Year is a time for resolutions dedicated to making meaningful changes. It is our hope that you are extending that same type of planning to your Sertoma Club, thinking ahead to the exciting programs you will implement to support your community in 2021.
However, we also understand that the past several months has been challenging for many clubs, leaving them unable to hold their traditional fundraisers or support their favorite causes. Yet, with the introduction of the COVID-19 vaccine this month, we know that we are not alone in looking forward to a time when we are able to completely reopen our country and begin to fully come together once again.
It is with that optimism that we turn our focus to planning for post-COVID club activities. One way that your club can do this is to set your club goals for the year (and perhaps even beyond) by using the traditional SMART model:
- Specific: Goals should be clear and well defined.
- Measurable: Goals should have parameters in place that will help you know if you are successful.
- Achievable: Goals should be realistic.
- Relevant: Goals should apply to what you are trying to achieve and fit within your overall strategic plan.
- Time-Bound: Goals should follow a sensible timeline.
What is your club hoping to achieve this year? Please comment and share your plans for 2021. We’d love to hear from you!