Established in 1977, Adopt-An-Agency is a network of nonprofit hearing health organizations that share a similar mission and goals: helping expand awareness and impacting individuals with communicative disorders. Affiliates must be a 501(c)3 entity (or tax status equivalent) that provides direct service, education or research related to helping those with communicative disorders. In addition, Affiliates must have a full-time licensed speech-language pathologist or audiologist on staff to apply for grant programs. Participants include school districts, hearing and speech clinics/centers, deaf schools, hospitals, college/universities, support services and various other nonprofit organizations.
This grant enables Affiliates’ Speech Pathologist or Audiologist staff members to attend conferences and trainings that greatly expand their ability to serve the hearing health industry. The impact of just one of these grants, up to $425 per fiscal year, can be seen in the hundreds of lives these professionals touch each year.
With hearing loss becoming more common in the United States, awareness programs such as SAFEEars!® serve as an important catalyst to educate the public about this critical health issue. The program strives to motivate young people and adults to take action against noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL) by understanding its problem and its solutions
A national fund- and awareness-raising event created to promote hearing health in our communities. 60% of walk proceeds support projects in your community; the other 40% help fund national hearing health mission projects such as scholarships, grants and public awareness campaigns. This premiere event is a turnkey fundraising project to help raise funds and awareness of Sertoma, our affiliates, and our hearing health mission.
A public awareness campaign with the goal to make sound through public address and amplified systems in public facilities readily accessible to those that use hearing assistive devices. Looping is a simple technology that allows hearing assistive devices to serve as wireless loudspeakers, delivering clear, sharp, customized sound right from inside the ears.
To become an Affiliate, simply complete and submit the Adopt-An-Agency application. Annual fee for membership is $200. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the program or the application.
No Sertoma club in your area? You still may be eligible to be a part of this program. Please contact us for more information.
The Lexington Medical Center of Lexington, South Carolina, teamed up with the Lexington Sertoma Club to host a special seminar at the hospital, which educated and inspired individuals to take an interest and initiative in pursuing hearing health. For Sertoma member, Buzz Lewis (right) the event proved to be life changing.
The Norfolk Sertoma Club of Norfolk, Virginia, donated $150,000 to Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS) to fund a new state of the art temporal bone laboratory. This new lab has enabled both medical professionals and students to research, learn and practice various techniques and procedures pertaining to the brain and hearing health
The Mansfield Sertoma Club and Delta Zeta Sorority planned a special field trip for some of the special education, Deaf and Hard of Hearing students attending the Mansfield public schools. The field trip took place at the Ohio Senate (photographed) as well as the Ohio House of Representatives and Ohio History Museum.